Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Saturday 7 October 2017

Cute Lion King Bread



Animal Theme/ Bread Based Food Art - Cute Lion King Meat Floss Bun. Baking fun shapes bread makes bread-baking more interesting. From turtles to bears to kittens to seals and many more that I have tried, this is one of the easy animal shape bread. 


Cute Lion King Bread


I never attend any bread making classes, all I did was just trial and error. If you think you can't make it or it's too difficult for you, think again...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In August 2014, I have made my very first lion shape meat floss bun and I wrote:



"I laughed every time I saw these pictures of the animal bun. Just came across some cute animal buns made by others and I thought my boy would love it, so I made for my boy. I made this at night after my boy went to bed because I'm not good in handling bread dough, I need full concentration when doing this. To shape the dough wasn't as easy as decorate cakes with fondant. Bread dough change it's shapes a little after final proofing and I shaped it before the final proofing, that's the challenge!



I made 2 animals... my boy's favourite hippopotamus and lion. Hippopotamus with my dad's homemade kaya filling and lion bun with pork floss. Guess which one my boy likes the most? By animal, he likes hippopotamus, but he likes to eat the lion bun more because he likes bread with pork floss. I made this with Soft Breakfast Bun recipe, the buttery soft buns. 
8 buns never too much for both of us."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated: September 2017.

Revisited this blog post and I have made it again. This time, the lion definitely looks better than my first attempt 3 years ago. :) 



How I made it: 

1. Prepare the dough. Tap to get full recipe here << Soft Breakfast Bun >> 


Soft Breakfast Bun


2. After step 4, shape the bread as follow:




3. After baked, use melted chocolate to draw the facial details.




4. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise around the head and tip of the tail.








5. Add chicken/ pork meat floss on the mayonnaise. 





Thanks for reading, I hope you are inspired after reading my blog. If you love to see my food, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...