I made snowman that will only melt in your mouth ~ Snowman Steamed Bun aka Mantou. These Chinese steamed buns are springy and soft, I shaped it round like marshmallow to serve with braised meat, easy for the little one to grab and dip the gravy. ;)
I have got my first bread maker - Song Cho Bread Maker. Made these steamed bun to try out the KNEAD function to see if it's powerful. To my surprise, the small stirring rod did an amazing kneading job. I'm having fun playing with this new toy, more bread maker recipes coming soon. Stay tuned! ;)
135g Milk 牛奶 135克
50g Castor Sugar 细砂糖 50克
3/4 tbsp Oil 油 3/4汤匙
250g Hong Kong Flour/ All Purpose Flour 香港包粉／普通面粉 250克
1 tsp Yeast 酵母 1小匙
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Take out bread barrel from Song Cho Bread Maker. Install the stirring rod. Add Milk > Castor Sugar > Oil > Flour > Yeast into bread barrel.
2. Return bread barrel into Song Cho bread maker, press bread barrel down, turn it by clockwise and make sure it is installed firmly. Press < MENU >, select <#15 FAST KNEAD DOUGH > , press < START >.
安装好后按键《MENU》，选择 《＃15 FAST KNEAD DOUGH 》，按 《START》。
3. When the dough is ready, transfer the dough onto lightly floured table top. Gently knead the dough to form a ball shape so it's not sticky to handle.
4. Roll out the dough, cover the dough with cling wrap, let it rest for 5 minutes. Use 2 different sizes round cutters to cut out 2 different sizes dough to make the snowman's head and body. Transfer onto parchment paper, repeat for the rest. Optional: Portion out a small piece of dough, knead in red food colouring, shape into tiny cones to make the snowman's nose.
5. Let it proof for about 50 minutes. Steam on high heat for 15 minutes. When it's done, turn off heat. Let it sit in the steamer for 5 minutes before removing from the steamer. When the steamed buns are completely cooled, use edible marker to draw the snowman facial details.